Friday, June 24, 2011

Oh well...

Do you recall when I declared this month to be my "Work Out-Three-Times-A-Week" month? Well, after the toe trauma/drama - I haven't been able to go once. Luckily, the elliptical machine isn't the only way to stay fit. I've been parking at the back of the parking lot (mostly because I have to) and walking the stairs (11 flights) and taking walks in the evening Michael. I realize this isn't exactly cardio or anything, but it's at least empowered me to not gain 10 lbs.

Here are some useful tips if you can't make it to the gym as often as you'd like:

When you're at the grocery store, carry the baskets - don't push the carts. This way you're spending 15-20 working out your arms and back muscles. Also, you'll stop yourself from buying too much.

Use the stairs as much as possible. At the mall, opt for the stairs instead of the escalator. When you're at the office, always use the stairs. You'll thank yourself for this.

This summer, when you're at the pool, lounging around, try getting in the water and do some easy water aerobics. Hold your arms out above the water and then pull them straight down to your sides. The water provides the perfect resistance workout you need.


Enjoy your weekend and enjoy your daily workouts without a membership! It's better than not doing anything at all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment