Monday, October 22, 2012

A Different World

The transition from 6th grade to 8th grade is eye-opening! I had many thoughts on what this year would look like, but I had no idea what I was walking into! Overall I LOVE 8th grade, but I'll tell you, it's challenging! My students are faced with so much emotionally that learning is maybe 4th on their priority list...if that even...

I thought I'd share my classroom for the year! It certainly does make me happy to walk in every morning and see the straight chairs, and the calculators, where they're supposed to be! The chaos always begins promptly at 9:00 and reminds me that it's go time!

A little Before action:




And the After action!




This area keeps me organized!! I LOVE it! I wish the folders would stand up straighter though...

Turn in and Pick Up! Don't you love the independence!
The two centers above are my favorite areas in the room :) They make me feel good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment