Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weekly Walking Workouts

So my friend Vanessa and I have started walking during our lunch breaks. We used to work together at a well-known Chamber of Commerce in DFW, but have both moved on to explore other avenues of career building. What's great is that we happened to relocate to the same area of town. Her building is literally 0.2 miles from my building. I also think that this quad was made just for us (see below) because it is EXACTLY 1 mile and I'll guarantee the developers made it that way so that Vanessa and I could enjoy walks in the Spring.

So Vanessa and I started, this week, to walk the block twice - which gives us two miles of walking followed by a climb up the stairs in our buildings. It's the perfect lunch break. You walk, climb stairs, and still have time to enjoy lunch at your desk. I'm sure once Summer is in full swing, we won't be so lucky with enjoyable weather. No one likes a sweaty co-worker! We'll just need to come prepared with a change of clothes and a way to freshen up!

Also, I have been aiming to drink 64 ounces of water each day. This is not an easy task - especially when I'm a huge fan of Diet Coke. So, I have invested in this beauty and now my kidneys will love me forever! Plus, it's kind of like a game! How much water can I drink??...this much!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh I love you. AND I love that you are now a blogging fool!!

    ReplyDelete