Friday, May 11, 2012

First of Many..

In 14 days (weekdays), I will have completed my first year of educating young minds! A whole entire school year has passed and it's been quite the journey. The year started with sharpened No.2 pencils, new sticky notes, bulletin board designs, and a whole lot of markers. I was running on nerves and adrenaline trying to keep up with my students and make sure that I wasn't ruining their education. Now, I can look back and identify a LOT of things I'll do differently next year and I'll rest in the assurance that I've done the best I could!
My Classroom when I first saw it! Seems like FOREVER ago!


Here is my classroom on October 2nd!
My students surprised me by not touching a single of the hanging delights!


Here we are: days before school is out for the summer.
So sad and plain! I'm already thinking for next year!


I can't express how much I have loved and enjoyed my first year! I have learned so much from my students about how to show grace and compassion. For some of my students, this is where they feel, and are, the safest. I will miss my first group of kids and I can't wait for next year! Here's to a Summer of wedding planning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment