Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hallux Trama/Drama

Warning: This is gross and unfortunate, so I'll warn you...but I had to get my toenail removed. Sick, right? I won't share any details because my poor friend Kim was literally on the verge of passing out last night when I was sharing. I've learned my lesson in open-honesty...





I'm on antibiotics, pain killers, and flip flops for about a week or so. Just in time for summer sandal season too...what a bummer! It could take about 3 months for my toenail to return.

So with that on my mind all day, here are some important tips to consider for your feet:

1. If you don't have the luxury of getting regular pedicures, be sure to keep your nails trimmed, filed, and clean.

2. If you paint your nails, be sure to remove the toenail polish every two-three weeks and replace with a fresh coat. You want to avoid any staining of the toenails from old paint. 

3. If you have any really old nail polish - be sure to replace it. You want to avoid any paint that may have become toxic, which could lead nail decomposing.

4. Moisturize your feet well, especially in the summer and winter. It's good for your skin to be moisturized. Plus you won't be embarrassed by flaky heels, rough patches, or chalky toes. (Yikes!)

5. http://www.essie.com/ is a great website for colors, also http://www.opi.com/


2 comments:

  1. This post is completely scaring me! Hope you and your nail-less toe are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to hear what happened!!!!

    ReplyDelete