Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer Reads

It's almost every summer where I decide that I want to read a lot of books, and it's almost every summer that I fail to do so. However, this summer - we are in BUSINESS. My mom has started reading the classics and so
I thought I would join her. I stopped in at Barnes & Noble yesterday (probably should have gone to Half Priced Books) and
picked up Pride and Prejudice and The Giver.


Does anyone remember The Giver?? Jr. High, 7th Grade?? I really feel like this was the first book to make me question life and the possibility of whether or not it could be different. It's only 179 pages and it's worth the quick read. I'll probably knock it out this weekend. Pride and Prejudice will be another story - I want to read it and then read some literary commentary (too much??)

If you know of any other books I should read, please let me know. I would love some suggestions! Have a great Memorial Day Weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. if you need any good activities to go along with The Giver, just let me know. or swing by my classroom and pick up my tests, quizzes, and projects. :)

    ReplyDelete